Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lately...

My brother Wesley spent the oh-so-short summer with us. Am I the only one who can't believe it's already August??? Wesley went home this week. My dad came to visit for about a week and then they drove home together. I was sad to see them go. Cameron knew this. He brought me these at work on Tuesday.

Isn't he the best husband?

Our house is coming right along. The basement is framed in, and all of the exterior walls on the main floor are up, excluding the garage walls. Cameron has been taking pictures of the progress on his phone, but I have yet to get them off so I can share them with you all.

A peek inside my head: At work, there are little things that annoy me. The sleepier I am, the more things there are. Things like people sneezing really loudly. We are set up in a very classroom like environment. Rows and columns of desks, all facing the boss's office. Back to the annoyances: I realized something profound one day. Me being annoyed is pretty selfish. I'm sure you're thinking, "duh! Being annoyed is definitely something you experience yourself." No, I mean, the root of being annoyed is wishing they would stop sneezing really loudly, for instance. Seriously, can't you just hold it in? The loss of brain cells resulting from all that pressure in your head is definitely worth it to keep from annoying me! See what I'm saying? I wish they would change their behavior because I don't like it. So this is the conversation that I had with myself. "Self, get over yourself!" Myself is working on it. There are still things that annoy me, but I'm coming to grips with ignoring them. Now, aren't you glad that I shared this profound realization with you? You're welcome!

I found out today that an acquaintance lost her son in the helicopter crash in Afghanistan last night. I felt a little bit silly crying when I had never met him, and don't know this woman well, but I can imagine a little of the grief she and her family, as well as the other 30 families of the men (and maybe women) who were on that helicopter. I have been praying nonstop for comfort and peace and strength for these families. Please, won't you pray with me? Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great time with Wesley and your Dad. It is tough to say goodbye, even when it's temporary, isn't it?

    Annoyances like that are little pet peeves. Consider putting in headphones to help distract you.

    My heart aches for all the families who lost loved ones on that chopper. War sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on my blog, and I wanted to say hi(your profile picture is perfect, by the way). It's always nice to make new blog friends.

    Congrats on the new home! Isn't it fun building?? I too, am stressing about the details though. It's a lot of pressure to get it right, you know? I hope you're enjoying Idaho as much as we have!

    ReplyDelete