Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer 2011 - part 1


I didn't do very well at sharing our summer with you all as we went along, and now that we almost to fall, I thought I had better get busy! At the beginning of the summer, (the end of May), Misti and Bob and Wesley came to see us. Hubs and I took them and his brothers and a friend over to Glacier National Park for the weekend. It was still pretty chilly but that couldn't hide the gorgeous-ness.

I'm not sure if you can take a bad picture of scenery like this. Note the snow. And the green tint to the water. I hear the minerals from glacier runoff cause that.

I was trying to take an action shot of Bob and Wes skipping rocks. I'm not sure what Cameron is doing in the background.
See that speck? That is a mountain goat. It is in the middle of that cliff. I have no idea how it got there, but I sure would've liked to have seen it get out!

Bob gingerly made his way to this rock without even getting wet. He is studiously ignoring me taking a picture of him.

I neglected to take pictures of the cute little cabins we stayed in, but you can use your imagination. They were small and loggy and cozy. We had a good time.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and we were home to OK for my brother's wedding. It was beautiful. The wedding, that is. OK was WARM.

With a couple of the goyls (aka girls). I was making shish kabobs for the girls while the guys were at the bachelor party.

Wedding spot. So pretty.

I just realized that we didn't get a pic of the wedding party with the bride. Wedding pictures fail!

Do you remember the story of the Little Engine That Could? Well, right now, I'm going to think I can right to bed and finish this post another day. Yes, I am leaving you hanging, but since you have been hanging all summer, I think you can handle it!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you had gone to GNP. Isn't it breathtaking? I agree; I think it's tough to take a bad picture with scenery like that.

    And, dang it was HOT in OK, wasn't it?! I'm hoping it's cooler next time. Whew!

    ReplyDelete