Monday, September 27, 2010

International Disaster


If you have ever seen a Whitetailed Deer, there is a good chance you have also seen the above sight. Recently, Cameron and I went for a walk in a recreational area. We came around the corner on the trail, and saw the backside of two Whitetail as they leaped into the brush to hide. I had no idea as we kept walking that I would soon be mimicing those agile animals.

I was sitting in my pew at the back of the church yesterday, on what felt like a fairly normal Sunday. I was wearing a cute long shirt with a brown skirt and some adorable sandals. I felt very chic and knew from the compliments I had received that other women liked my outfit. Halfway through the message, I felt the hook on my skirt digging into my back, and reached back to try to make it stop. There was a gap under the hook where the zipper should have been holding my outfit together. It wasn't. "I can't believe my zipper came undone. I have probably been flashing Braden (my brother-in-law) this whole time." Talk about uncomfortable. My vigorous amens became distracted head nods as I discreetly tried to rezip my skirt. I couldn't. My zipper had exploded. There was no way I was getting it fixed sitting there in service. And there was no way I was parading to the bathroom with it the way it was. I tried to continue to pay attention to the sermon while deciding what I was going to do. "Fasting and prayer...this is drafty...commit thy way unto the Lord...and show not thy neighbors thine undies..." I finally decided that as soon as everyone stood up to sing the final song, I would make a run for the sound room where Cameron (my husband) was recording the service. The stairs were only 3 feet behind me, and if I pulled my shirt down really far, it might keep people from noticing my cute undies peeping out the back of my skirt. They should all be facing the front anyway and wouldn't notice my white tail waving as I dashed for cover.

It worked. Braden told me later that he thought I just really needed to talk to Cameron, or that maybe I was under conviction and was running away from it. :) No one else noticed the strange way I was holding my shirt. I waited in the sound room until everyone had left the church, and then wrapped a t-shirt around me that Cameron happened to have up there and went to the car. 

Life is definitely an every day adventure.

8 comments:

  1. I understand now why you didn't come up to C&J's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! At least you weren't sitting on the front pew of the church like you did here at home. :-) And, ahem, on your profile blurb...this adventure with your "new" husband...what happened to the old one? :-) (Sorry, it just struck me funny.)

    Miss you a ton. Keep writing. That way we can at least read your humor since we don't get to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL,WAY TOO FUNNY...Sorry Linnie, but you know I had to lol....but hey we all been there done that;)...and ya what did happen to the old hubby?;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The predicaments you get yourself into... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you, my Captcha (to ensure a human is leaving comments) was "sinalin" Given the setting of your story, it cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those of you who are wondering, my old husband will be mentioned in tomorrow's blog. Make sure and check back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining Mailbox Monday! I'm here to email subscribe but am not seeing the option. I am GFC following!

    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete