Saturday, November 12, 2011

Night-time excitement

I psychoanalyzed the creep who knocked on our door last night. I guess I don't know that he is a creep but he scared me, so that is what I am going to call him. This is what I decided he was thinking:

1. Saw woman who upset me somewhere near this building.
2. There is a light on in that apartment, ergo she must be in there.
3. I will carry my beer with me as intimidation as I knock loudly on this door at 1:30 am.
4. I decide my beer was no longer intimidating since they didn't answer the door, so I will set it down as I figure out how to climb the side of the house and peep in the window.
5. Aha, someone is looking at me. Now I must go back to the door and knock loudly again.
6. My strong cigarette odor must also be intimidating. I will use that as a weapon.
7. Sleepy woman on the couch is not who I am looking for, so I will go now, unapologetic.

Psychology of me after being thoroughly scared: I have no idea how to use my new phone to call 9-1-1, but I can assuredly figure out how to use my new facebook app to share my freak-out moment with the world. It provides comfort.

Cameron tells me that I will have everyone thinking we live in a horrible neighborhood. We don't really. I am just looking forward to living on our property where the only thing knocking on our door in the middle of the night should be a deer. The house cannot be done soon enough for me!

1 comment: