Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

I would like to tell you about two very brave, selfless men who changed my life in many ways. These men were both in the military, although in different branches, and both were set to serve their country in WWII. Thankfully, that dreadful war ended before they could be a part. However, both men experienced things I cannot even imagine in their service. I can only remember one of them, but he was a no-nonsense man who was firm but oh-so-kind. Both stood strong while still passing on the genes that cause me to get choked up at hearing the Star Spangled Banner being played over the radio. Happy Veterans Day to my grandfathers; to my grandmothers who stood by their men; to the men who have fought and are still fighting to preserve our freedom and to the families who wait for them at home. You have my thanks and admiration.

1 comment:

  1. Here, here. And the women who serve, as well as their families who wait for them at home.

    ReplyDelete