Friday, March 25, 2011

Every Other 4th Blue Moon

On my way home from Oklahoma, I was reading a book and there was a statement made in it. The girl was referring to something specific, but when asked why she did this thing, she said, "Because it is a reminder that I belong to God." I thought that statement was so profound in it's simplicity. I have often been asked why I do the things I do. Let's face it, I'm different (by choice) in a lot of ways. I always stumbled around, trying to give some answer that I thought would be understood, and usually not making myself very clear. Really, my whole life comes down to a very simple mantra: I choose to live the way I do because God wants me to. I behave outwardly as a reflection of the fact that my heart and life belongs to God. I plan to continue drawing closer to God so that eventually all people will see in me is an image of Him.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!
    It was good to see you again! I wanted to get together for lunch or something, but I know that you have a lot of family in town.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete