Thursday, March 24, 2011

A list.

A list:

1. I really enjoyed my week in Oklahoma. The weather was nice almost the entire time. You see, this is very important to someone who has been living in the Arctic for the past 10 months. I just wanted to stretch a blanket out and soak up the sunshine. Oh, and it was great seeing all of my family too!

2. It was great seeing my family and friends while I was home. But I mentioned that already.

3. Ted's. Oh, how I miss you!

4. I have seen the sun the past TWO days. I am nearly beside myself.

5. I have a really incredible husband. He starts my car in the morning, patiently does things that I have run out of time for, and tells me that everything I make is good. I love him.

6. I was marveling today at how much I already love my job. Ok, so sometimes I have a hard time staying awake. And I have a hard time getting up in the morning. Friday afternoons off are amazing, though. And the environment is SO laid back. Everyone does their job, the boss doesn't yell, and the ladies are all really nice. I'm so very thankful for it.

7. I found out yesterday that some friends are going to live just down the road from me when we finally get our house built. I am ECSTATIC.

8. Speaking of our house, the ground is finally thawing. However, there are load limits on the roads until the first part of April, so we are still on hold. Soon, though!

9. I broke my phone. I dropped it and it decided that was the last time it was taking that sort of abuse. The microphone stopped working. I can still text (thank goodness!) but no talking for me. This works out nicely for Cameron. He can call and talk and actually get to say stuff!

10. Random fact: There is a town somewhere (I don't remember now which city/town/village/county I was working on) that felt the need to define family. In this town, a relative is a mother, father, aunt, uncle, nephew, niece, grandparent, and great-grandparent. However, more distant relationships such as cousins are not considered family. So, all of you people who have been secretly dying to marry your cousins, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

I have not blogged much lately, mostly because when I get home, it's Cameron-and-Linnie time and that doesn't include blogging. I do have a more serious blog post that will occur eventually. I know, it's hard to believe I can be serious. It doesn't happen every 4th blue moon though! Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. This all sounds very exciting! As for the cousins thing, I was *sure* I was going to marry my cousin Scott when I was a kid. Too bad this town didn't define family sooner; Scott's been happily married for 20+ years now. A LITTLE LATE, don't you think?!

    Tell us about your new job. What are you doing? How much are you working?

    :-) I've missed you in blog-land.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your friends (J&L, I'm assuming) being down the street!!! Does that mean they're going to be in the same neighborhood and building a house too?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a blog editor. 4. I am ecstatic with happiness. Oh, and seriousness DOES happen every 4th blue moon. Who knew what I was talking about??

    M, I love my new job. I'm proofing municipal codes which sounds horribly boring, but I am enjoy it. The subject matter is bland but it's fun figuring out the mistakes. I work M-F, 7-4 except Fri when I get off at noon. Glorious.

    Rosalie, yeah that is who it is. They are actually buying a house, but I hear that it is quite nice. They are in downtown Athol (ha ha ha) so within 5 minutes of us.

    ReplyDelete