Monday, March 7, 2011

Nightmares

I'm weird. I know this, but I wanted to make sure that you all know it too. That said, let me explain.

I leave for Oklahoma VERY early Wednesday morning. Now, a 6:30 flight might not sound that early, but I count the 3:30 rising-time and the 4:00 leave-for-the-airport-time in that. It's really an ungodly hour. I picked this flight for two reasons: I wanted to maximize my time in OK and this way Cameron won't have to miss work to take me to the airport. That information was just background; it's not why I'm weird.

I'm weird because: I'm totally excited about going on this trip. I love to travel, and I am very excited about seeing friends and family and going to Ted's and the zoo and hanging out with girls. HOWEVER. I tend to get anxious about things that change my schedule. I just started a new job and that caused all sorts of trauma. Now I'm disrupting that to go home. I have had many nightmares as a result. I dreamed that I had a baby (or, I laid down pregnant in my dream, went to sleep, and woke up with a baby. Too bad that isn't really how it happens!) while Cameron and I were in Oklahoma. I promptly forgot about this baby. I went to the store with Mommy and Grandma and we were shopping along for quite some time before I realized that: a) I had a baby; and, b) I had no idea where this baby was. Thankfully, she (we didn't name her) was with Cameron. Then, we were getting ready to go home, and I was standing in the airport (having already gotten my boarding pass) with a duffel with my stuff, as well as another bag, plus the baby's diaper bag and the baby in her carrier in my arms (superwoman!). Suddenly there was all kinds of stuff that we hadn't packed on a table in front of me and the plane was boarding. I couldn't get Cameron to understand that we needed to hurry and finish packing this stuff, so I just starting shoving stuff into already full bags. At some point during all of this, I lost the baby's bottle. I think I woke up before there were any further developments though. This is only one dream. I dreamed a good friend became part of a cult and couldn't decide if she was going to become the 4th wife of some guy or make some other equally bad decisions. I also dreamed I was on a train and there were bad guys who were on there and I was trying to call the cops and had to hide in a closet. I woke up right before the bad guy found me. Need I go on? Oh, and this is just the last two nights.

I think getting up at 3:30 on Wednesday morning will be a relief. It will mean the anxious anticipation is almost over. I'm SO ready.

1 comment:

  1. I felt anxious just reading about your dream! Can't wait for you to get up and get on a plane already!! :-)

    ReplyDelete