Monday, January 24, 2011

Grouponing

I have sisters who are coupon clipping queens. They save tons of money on their grocery bills. I don't get it. I've tried and can't save the money they do. So I have basically stopped trying. However, I LOVE Groupon. I get the emails for their deals for our area and they are frequently something that I can use.

Saturday, Cameron and I went to Franklin's Hoagies for lunch. It's a locally owned, hole-in-the-wall type restaurant that has been there since 1981. We have decided that we are not going to spend as much money, but I had already bought the Groupon, so lunch was already paid for. Talk about fantastic. The food and service were both great. I love discovering places to eat that are native to this area. And face it - even if you love to cook, there is just something about having someone else cook for you that is nice. Not having to do the dishes is nice too!

2 comments:

  1. Mike loves Franklin Hoagies. He grew up here in Cda and frequented Franklin's during his lunch hour ib high school. Many times he would return to class late or not at all. I guess you would call that skipping. Lol. As far as couponing goes...I am at my wits end. I keep trying and needless to say it seems so not worth it. I really think couponing is the best out in the midwest. The best thing I have found is to hit each store and only buy sale items with what little coupons are available in our fabulous Cda Press. The coupons have been terrible lately too. Around Thanksgiving time there were great buys' but since then I am striking out. Rhereare so many coupons for items I find worthless. Good luck to you. Anything you discover helpful send along... take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the couponing thing. I have friends who do it (in Phoenix, Boise, and OKC) and save all kinds of money. When I look at the coupons they have, though, it's mostly for stuff I don't use. I also LOVE Groupon and have done all kinds of fun things for much cheaper than I would otherwise have done.

    My favorite Groupon so far is an annual membership to the Desert Botanic Garden. I've gone twice and had a great time, just walking around, being outside, and taking pictures of the flowers and bees and sculptures. That membership got us out of the house this past weekend and away from the television to enjoy fresh air. Yay!

    ReplyDelete