Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmastime is here...

"Silent night, Holy night, All is calm..."

I love this song. I get the most indescribable sense of peace just listening to it. My Jesus came to earth, and all is well. At least for one night, peace reigned.

Our tree! We have a bucket for a tree stand, but until I can cover up the cardboard the tree is sitting on, you can't see the stand.

One of my favorite ornaments. Mother bought this for me last year, and it's painted/designed by Jim Shore.

Another favorite. I bought this at a craft fair last year.

A fun ornament I found at the end of the season last year. I have several on the tree. This one says, "What do snowmen eat for lunch? Chili!"
Cameron and I went Christmas tree shopping last night. We visited a few tree lots before going to Fred Meyer. I had see trees for a reasonable price there, plus they had a $5 off coupon in their flyer. Earlier that day, Cameron's mom gave me an additional 15% coupon that she had, and so we got a really pretty tree for a very reasonable price. We came home and drank hot chocolate and listened to Christmas music and decorated the tree. I love this season.

3 comments:

  1. Just be sure to keep it watered so it doesn't catch on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I've never had a real tree before! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, all these decorations and proclamations of fun are starting to thaw this ol' Grinch. And we can't have that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete