Monday, December 27, 2010

Walking in the Snow

On Christmas Eve, Cameron and I bundled up and went for a walk on Tubb's Hill. It was beautiful. There was crusty snow covering the path and we were the only human life forms we saw on our walk. I wanted to share some pictures with you all.

I don't know if you can see it, but someone had drawn a star in the snow on that stump. Pretty!

So I'm a city girl. But I try to pretend I'm an Idaho girl sometimes. "Whoa, that's a really big cat track!" Cameron - "Actually, that is a dog."

My handsome husband.

I had to share my practical, warm, waterproof boots with you all. I love to be cute, but sometimes even I cave to being warm.

Bundled up for our walk!

On the way home, I discovered some profound truths. There were scenes that were only seen when walking back the way we came, much the same as life. There are times in life when we can only realize how beautiful/good/beneficial something is by looking back.

It was starting to get dark so I started walking pretty briskly. I was concentrating on where I would place my feet (didn't want to fall!) and looked up and saw this pretty scene. Truth: Sometimes we need to look up from taking that one step at a time and realize how good life is. It's easy to get wrapped up in day to day living but take a moment today to see the wonder of life.

There are times in life when it is obvious that we are not alone. There are signs all around us of the people taking the same path we are.

Sometimes, though, it's not so obvious. It's starting to get dark and the pathway is obliterated. The footprints are still there, though. You aren't alone in life, no matter what you are facing. There are always people there, willing to take your hand and help you over the slippery places.

About this time, two deer came tearing past us, startling me greatly. It was getting too dark to take any more pictures anyway, so we just concentrated on getting back to the car. I hope you enjoy our walk on Tubb's Hill almost as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. You are so deep. I love these perspectives you show us and the way you think about how the every day applies to life's bigger pictures. I read this post to my sil N in Idaho and she said "oh my gosh, she should write a book!!"

    Yes! That *is* the point.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete