Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's almost Christmas!

I meant to get this post written last night, but didn't get it done. I wanted to share with you all some of the sights of Christmas around here. I know that I have already put up a picture of my tree, but I'm putting another one since it actually has presents under it now! These things have helped me to get back into the Christmas spirit, and I hope they help you!

I had to use the flash, so you can't really see the pretty lights but that is ok. Please ignore the cardboard under my fancy metal buckle tree stand. And the fact that the pile of gifts is rather lopsided. I wasn't trying to arrange them in an aesthetically pleasing way. Thanks.

I made a bunch of Christmas trees out of felt and for a while there was a Christmas tree forest on my window seat. Now, there is a card and Christmas tree forest. I love getting Christmas cards!!!

The other night, we kept hearing a partial siren in our neighborhood. Finally this fire truck came down our street and we figured out why we heard the siren. We followed it and asked for a picture and the nice firefighters were kind enough to take one for us. They were playing Christmas carols over speakers attached to the front. I was quite enchanted. It helped me get back into the Christmas spirit.

Santa was sitting on top and waving to everyone. I really hope that his outfit was warm because it was a VERY chilly night.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! (Didn't want you to think you were talking to yourself... lol) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Thanks for sharing pics of your place. We have a display of Xmas cards too, but the rest of the house is such a mess I don't want to share ;-)

    ReplyDelete