Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ancient

I just had to type my age and realized how old that particular activity makes me feel. When I got out of high school, I felt on top of the world. Everyone loved me, and I bounced around like a little girl. My mom told me I was 18 going on 3, and gently reminded me that at some point I needed to start acting my age. Mother, I just want you to know: Acting my age is the pits. When did I become an adult?! Oh yeah, 6 years ago. Next thing I know, I will be wheelchair bound.

6 comments:

  1. Well, when you get to be older-than-dirt like some of the rest of us, you just stop worrying about it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty soon, you'll have some young 'un coming to take care of you while you watch soap operas all day long. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait until Grandma Y says "Oh my" when you're 31! That'll make you feel ahem...grown up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaven preserve us, Margi. If I never see another soap opera, it will be too soon!

    Lol, Rosalie, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosalie, speaking from the perspective of my age, I'd guess that when Grandma says, "Oh my" about you being 31, it had nothing to do with thinking you were old, but rather how did HER time get away from her so quickly that the person she viewed as still a child was already 31. I'd guess that because that's what makes me say "Oh my" in my mind when I see people who are supposed to still be very young, approaching an age which no longer falls into the category of "child". It's "oh my" because it reminds me of how very, very old I'm getting to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah. Wait until Megan's driving. That'll put us all into rocking chairs.

    ReplyDelete