Thursday, February 17, 2011

Snowflakes

Do you ever have days when you know that you should get out and get things done, but as you stare at the snow drifting past your window, you absolutely don't want to move? The sun is struggling to peek out from behind the clouds and highlights the flakes blowing about. I am sitting on the couch ignoring the fact that I really should get to the store before it gets crowded. My floor needs vacuumed, the kitchen needs swept, my thunder thighs need exercised and laundry needs washed. The snowflakes are whispering, hypnotizing me with their playful dance. They are telling me it's ok to be lazy - after all, the only reason I can see them is because gravity pulled them into my line of vision. Gravity has me anchored to this couch. Gravity, you honor me with your presence. I will be your friend.

1 comment:

  1. I have a very clear mental picture of what you've described here. While I no longer get hypnotized by snowflakes (darn the luck), I do remember very well what that's like.

    Enjoy your gravitational pull. :-)

    ReplyDelete