Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's

Cameron and I decided to wait to celebrate Valentine's till last weekend. I don't think I could have asked for a better day. We slept in. What, isn't that enough of a celebration? No? Ok, fine.

After we got up, I packed a lunch and we went for a drive. We headed up north through Sandpoint, then turned east. We drove through Clark Fork, Thompson Falls, and several other little bitty towns. Driving through Montana, we kept being warned to watch for Big Horn Sheep. I watched diligently but didn't get to see any. I was quite disappointed. We ended up in Paradise (literally!) and then hopped on the highway and came home. We ate dinner at the Olive Garden. So yummy.

Here are some pictures from our day.

It was quite sunny when we started. A little windy too. Such beautiful scenery.

We stopped to stretch our legs by this river. (The Clark Fork, I think.)

Self-portrait!

By the time we got into Montana, we were driving into clouds. It was still really pretty.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You weren't to far from our area...you should came and seen us!!! *sniff*
    Glad you had fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time, Julie! We should definitely try to get together sometime, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Any time you ever have time just buzz down here real quick (lol)
    It would be fun to get to know you two better. I feel bad that I never got around to talking to you at my bros wedding...you left to soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did leave really soon. I was a little anxious to get to Idaho. :)

    ReplyDelete