Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lately...

To catch you all up on my life lately...

I had two (well, basically three) interviews yesterday. I decided to continue looking for an office job and have been applying for almost all that come open in our area. My first interview I ended up just chatting with the owner of the company for an hour. He tested my proofreading skills, told me about the great benefits, the great hours, and all but convinced me that I want to work there. Then, he told me he wasn't offering me the job, but that if I got offered a job at my interview in the afternoon, he wanted first pick. Sounds promising to me!

My second stop was the Express office (they were doing the screening for the job I wanted) and then she sent me downstairs to meet with the people at the Post Falls Chamber. They have a gorgeous new building, and it sounded like it would be a fun position as well.

Saturday we went to a young marrieds dinner at church. Lots of good food and fellowship.

We took this using the timer once we got home. 
I've been using my sewing machine again. I think I need safety goggles while using it. There is a pin in my living room somewhere from where the sewing machine needle hit it and it went flying. However, I finished this little clutch and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Go me! (Oh, and when you are instructed to use the zipper foot, you can ignore it. Or I did and it worked fine!)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You did an excellent job on the clutch! As for the pin, it could have gone down into your machine somewhere. I'm convinced there's a pin graveyard somewhere in the hidden recesses of my machine. Because I break pins and sometimes never see a portion of them again. But my machine still works, so hey. Whatever!

    (As for the pinwheel coasters comment, I was actually going to make some out of the leftover fabric. So, provided they turn out, you WILL be seeing some with your other stuff I'm working on.) I'm beginning to second guess my color choice in fabric because the blues and reds are darker than the swatch, but it's too late now. There's enough lighter fabric mixed in that it's really not that dark looking. (Are you scared yet?!) The wall hanging (there-I'll just come out and say it) is finished, but I'm working on a couple of other things to go with it. It's been fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete