Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bittersweet Moments

Whenever I look through my wedding pictures, I can't help but wish I could go back to that day for just a few hours. The hours flew by so quickly, and I hadn't let myself believe that I was actually moving away. I wish for a few more minutes with my nieces and nephews, to make sure they know that I love them and appreciate the part they each played in my special day.



I wish for a few more minutes with my Grandma Young, to express to her how special she is, how much I love her, and how much I appreciate the wisdom and time she has shared with us over the years.


I wish I could freeze time so that I could absorb the finality of what I was doing. For a moment to look at the faces of the loved ones around me, soak in the smiles on their faces, the hugs, take it all in so that in these months of change, I could pull them around me and draw strength.





I appreciate all the work that went into making that day so special for Cameron and me. I am so thankful for the technology that allows me to visit it again, if only in pictures.

I heard this song shortly after I moved, and cried. I'm so thankful I can trust in my God to be with me.

2 comments:

  1. *sniff* it was such a beautiful day. I'm so glad you have the pictures to bring those memories to life to wrap around you both. Golly gee, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm, are you TRYING to make us cry (with you) today? :-) Miss ya, sis...

    ReplyDelete