Tuesday, November 30, 2010

*Blush*

Yesterday, I read something that pricked my conscience. It reminded me that I am human too, and I should be just as willing to humble myself to my small audience. You can read about the Pioneer Woman's woes here.

Please brace yourself. This is not pretty.




This chair is on my living room floor, just as you see it in the pictures. The tale of how it ended up there is embarrassing. I must give you some history first.

Several years ago, a bunch of young people were gathered at a friend's house playing games. I got up (I don't remember why now) and then came back to my chair at the table. When I sat down, the back two legs of the chair I plopped onto promptly split from the chair and I ended up in the floor. As you can imagine, EVERYONE laughed, and I was mortified. I never lived it down. People were talking about splinters flying any time they saw me. I considered going on a diet, and then decided I loved food too much.

Last week, I sat down in my chair at the dinner table after fixing something delectable for Cameron and I to consume, and the legs of my chair split from the bottom of the chair. Talk about deja vu. Cameron promptly started laughing, and I must say, I was mortified (again!) and went to the bedroom to compose myself. Cameron didn't even ask me if I was ok! (He said it was because I didn't even fall in the floor. I have acquired the ability to gracefully fall when my chair is breaking. Experience is a doozy of a teacher.) It took me a while to get over my embarrassment enough to post about it. I'm thinking a diet really is in order this time! Until such a time as I have reached a sufficiently low weight that the chairs no longer tremble in fear when they see me coming, I think we will be having dinner on the couch!

5 comments:

  1. Puhlease!!!! You are in bad shape. If you think that your fat enough to break chairs, then you need to think again. The chair just had poor construction or was wearing out from age. Have Cameron's dad fix it and you won't have to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Ha! Hahahahahaha! :-) Now, that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, you are making me so and laugh at the same time!! You definitely don't need a diet! But perhaps some new chairs? Threaten to turn the next set of chairs into paper if they don't behave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, that's supposed to say "so sad and laugh..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I meant for this to be a funny post. I'm finally over it. I think. And I don't really think I'm fat, just feeling the holiday calories. :D And Cameron did ask if I was ok, after I said, "You didn't even ask if I was ok!" Another day, another crazy event...

    ReplyDelete