Monday, November 15, 2010

The Perfect Day

I had the perfect day on Saturday. Cameron had planned to go hunting at some ungodly hour, but ended up turning off his alarm and we both slept in. That alone made the day perfect. Then, I mixed some fajita chicken (and sauted onions and green pepper) with scrambled eggs, corn tortillas, and salsa and we ended up with a super yummy breakfast. There is something fulfilling about creating a tasty meal. Cameron then left to go hunting, and I went shopping with a friend. I almost never have girl time anymore, and I was silly excited about it. We went to Spokane and ate good food, talked (a lot!), and shopped till we were too tired to shop anymore. And the best (and worst!) part of it was, neither one of us spent any money except for what we spent on lunch. That is a rare accomplishment for a couple of females in a huge mall!

I learned something from all of that. I had assumed that it would be hard to make plans with this friend because she lives an hour away. Don't ever make assumptions. It's just as easy to make plans with her. I just had to ask. You never know what sort of fun you are missing out on by making assumptions!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I'm so glad you made plans and hung out with your friend. I've found myself in similar situations, thinking "oh, I don't want to bother so-and-so." Turns out, it's always way more fun to at least talk to so-and-so than just sit by myself all the time.

    ReplyDelete