Thursday, November 18, 2010

The sun will come out...

"The sun is up, the sun is yellow. The yellow sun is over the house." - Go Dog Go, by PD Eastman

I like the sun. I was driving home from Bible Story time on Tuesday, and saw the most gorgeous sunset. The fact that the sun was setting at 4 pm was a little disturbing, but the sunset was pretty none-the-less. The sky to the west was golden, surrounded by beautiful shades of pink. Shades of pink also outlined the folds of clouds in the sky above me. I watched the sunset fade as I drove, turning the sky into soft grays with light patches between the clouds. Wow.

Then, this morning I woke up to precipitation. I thought it was rain, but Cameron texted me later that it was snowing. I went to a window that I could actually see out of (the windows collect condensation in the mornings, and are quite hard to see through!) and saw huge flakes of snow drifting down. Shortly thereafter, the sun came out, the clouds are gone, and I had to open a window because the sun was overheating our apartment! I can hear the birds singing, the roads are wet from melted snow, and I think it's a perfect day to do some Christmas shopping! Soak up some of that sunshine, spend money on my favorite people... Some of my favorite activities!

2 comments:

  1. Yay snow! (Remember it's a bit of a novelty for me lately.) Your plans for the day sound wonderful; go enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas shopping! YAY! One of my favorite activities :D

    ReplyDelete