Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas

During church Wednesday night, a verse was read that is a part of the Christmas story. It made me think about what Christmas means to me, and this is what I wrote.

Christmas inspires a great awe in me. It marks the anniversary of an event that set in motion the most remarkable love story of all time. All of heaven turned out to witness God coming to Earth. The star wrapped long arms of light to all corners of humanity. The angels couldn't refrain the joyous song that burst forth to the humble shepherds. The Creator of our incredible planet became one of the Created in order to show the immense love of God to us in a personal way. The love that formed us and the beautiful world we live in caused our Creator to desire to know us intimately. Michelangelo pictured this so accurately in the hand of God reaching out to spark life in Adam, painted in the Sistine Chapel. That same hand reaches down to each of us, itching to instill life. I know there is something in humans that seeks unconditional love; I've felt it. I also know that it possible to have that filled. I have felt the touch of God. Christmas reminds me each year how much I am loved. And that is why I love to give gifts. It is a very small way of showing to others how much I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment