Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful

Saturday night, we went out to our property and had a fire and a picnic. Did you know that Del Taco has 39 cent tacos right now? No, I did not get my act together enough to do hot dogs and s'mores over the fire. Too bad...

Some of my friends on Facebook are posting one thing they are thankful for every day this month. I haven't done it, but that doesn't mean I'm not thankful for the good things in my life. One of Cameron's coworkers told him he is lucky because of how things are going right now. I don't want to take our blessings for granted.

1. I'm thankful to (finally!) be married to my best friend. It is so awesome to get to spend part of every day with him!

2. I'm thankful for vehicles that are running well.

3. I'm thankful that we both have jobs.

4. I'm thankful that things are working out that we will be able to get into a house soon, and for a really reasonable price!

5. I'm thankful for supportive family and friends. I would not make it without you guys!

There are so many things to be thankful for: our country and freedoms, the men and women who serve to allow us to keep those freedoms, technology that allows us to stay in contact with our family easily...

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the list goes on and on.

    1. My Hubby. He takes care of me when I need him to, he lets me falter when I need to, he's the best hubby for me.

    2. Our health. Hubby's, mine, the boys - everybody's healthy.

    3. Finances - in the crazy economy changes over the past couple of years, I'm thankful we both have jobs and a savings account.

    4. My plumb incredible luck in marrying into the most awesomest family EVER! I am so thankful every day that Hubby's family loves me and accepts me for who I am.

    5. A trip to visit said awesomest family EVER coming up in a few weeks! Whee!!!

    And you, Linner. I'm thankful for you. (and a new blog post!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short list (to take a page from your blog a few days ago) ;-) (list is not necessarily in order of importance) :-)

    1. Family (including you, Cameron and Margi) ;)
    2. Friends
    3. A job
    4. Encouragement from others
    5. That God loves us, and cares and answers prayer

    ReplyDelete