Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pay more?

I bought some black boots last year around this time because I wanted something cute that would keep my legs warm. I still had an office job at the time, and so I bought a pair with 3 inch heels. They are super cute and I still like to wear them, but they are not water proof and certainly not very practical for an area that is going to get snow. (Thankfully, it hasn't snowed yet!) Yesterday, I went looking for a pair of black boots that would be waterproof, warm, and still chic. I'm not too proud to admit that the first stop I made was Payless. I am not above shopping in the cheap stores! I looked and they had several pairs of black boots and most of them were even cute. However, they want $50.00 for their black boots. Now, the name Payless would lead you to believe that you are going to pay LESS for their product. However, $50.00 is not much less than boots you can get in most department stores. Payless, what have you done? Are you adjusting your prices for inflation? Are you trying to change your image to a more trendy, exclusive shopping environment? Because if so, you have a long way to go. You are letting down the public. You need to make your products more affordable for us poor newly married folk. Ok? Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. We looked for snow boots for E there and they wanted 34.99 for a pair of KIDS boots that he'll wear 1 season!!! Crazy, needless to say I got him 2 pair at the second hand store for 8 bucks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked at boots this afternoon for Megan (Alan would cringe!). (I was trying to use a $10 Kohls free-bee card.) They were $35 regular price, I think. I didn't get them though, because they were the short boots. I was looking for a little taller ones.

    And, ps- you've almost made it to Thanksgiving without snow??! I think God is easing you into this 6 months of winter thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also in the market for a pair of black boots, although the most important features are cute and comfy. I'm planning to head to Ross this afternoon to see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete