Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I think I dislocated my shoulder.

1. I know other people have said this, but I am one of those people who would rather carry all of my grocery bags in at one time, even if that means that I have 7 heavy bags on each arm. (And let's not forget the gallon of milk.) Sometimes, however, this is not the best idea. For instance, when you end up with so many bags that you cannot lift your arm to shut the back door of your SUV. And then, when you get to the front door of your apartment building, you cannot figure out how to open the door because you can only get one finger free. As you stand there muttering about how awkward the situation is, the mailman pulls up behind you. You make one last desperate attempt and get another finger free, barely make it up the stairs to the landing where you drop all of the bags and the milk on the floor so you can dig out your front door key, and said mailman comes in and says, "That was almost too hard. If you had given me 30 more seconds, I would have gotten the door for you." You think, "Thanks for being nice when I'm feeling extremely silly," but you just say, "Yeah, it was. Thanks!" You then go back out in the cold to shut the back door of your car, completely defeating the purpose of bringing all of the bags in at one time.

2. When I exit the highway to come home, the first building on my right is a heating company. Behind the heating company there are two tents. I wonder if the people living in the tents think it will be warmer there by osmosis.

3. There is an Italian restaurant opening soon. It has been opening soon for almost as long as I have lived here. They are making rapid progress - they just put up a new sign! Maybe it will open before we move to the sticks and we can sample their wares. I'm not holding my breath.

4. I better go put my groceries away before the ice cream melts all over the carpet where I dropped the bags and moved to the couch, irresistibly drawn to technology.

5. Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. :) #4 made me smile! :) ....well, #1 did too, because I've done that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. We still do this. It made a whole lot more sense when we lived on the 3rd floor, but we still do it and we're just coming in through the garage. We often have to walk sideways with the bags because otherwise we can't fit between the cars!

    2. Maybe it IS warmer there!

    3. Mm, I remember seeing that sign too. I hope it opens soon enough that you can at least taste it.

    4. Ha!

    5. Love you!

    ReplyDelete