Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow

I want nothing more at this moment than to be a snowbird. To all of you who are familiar with large amounts of snow and allowed me to move to North Idaho, I simply have one question: WHY????

The initial snowflakes were pretty. The pristine layer covering the drab leafless trees was beautiful. The slick layer of stuff on the road? Not so much. My distaste for the stuff started last night. We were coming home from church, turned into our neighborhood, and promptly slid into a curb. My tire is fine. The rim isn't. Rather than deal with it in the dark and lateness, I got up and went with Cameron to work so that I could have his truck today. (I am thankful for two vehicles.) We got to his work, I got out of the car, shut the door, and slipped and fell. I wrenched my arm, and ended up with a wet, sore bum and bruised ego. I drove very slowly home (I am fairly certain I have never done the suggested 35 mph on our off ramp. I did today.) and now I don't want to go anywhere. I have to work in a few hours. Can someone please turn on a heat lamp and make this stuff go away? Thanks!

I'm sorry that this is a whiny posting. Maybe I'll have something more positive to say later. Until then, you can find me in the kitchen devouring any chocolate we have in the cupboards. I wonder how baking chocolate would taste by itself?

2 comments:

  1. Probably a bit bitter, but if you add some sugar, it might be a bit better. ;-)

    Hope your arm and backside are feeling less painful.

    Love ya, sis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww ... so here's a funny. When I checked the weather to pack for Texas and Oklahoma, I saw lows in the 40s and highs in the 70s. I took 1 long sleeved shirt, planning to run in that Thanksgiving morning. Austin was gorgeous, in the 70s, and just as expected. Oklahoma, however, was FREEZING! It was 35 degrees the morning of the run and I swear my pants were thin enough I might as well have worn short shorts. So your desert rat bro and sil froze their tookuses (right!) off, poorly dressed for actual fall/winter weather.

    ReplyDelete