Friday, October 8, 2010

Another gray morning...

Quote of the day from yesterday: "I'm dumber than last year's old mud."

I just had a startling realization. It's going to get COLD really soon. You see, we have been waking up and the house is a little chilly. We tend to keep several windows cracked and the nights are getting colder. I'm used to that. I put on a fuzzy robe or sit on the couch and snuggle under a blanket. I didn't realize before this morning however, that it's not going to get warmer. It only gets colder from here. I'm SO not ready for this. Can we rewind or something? Or even better, let's just not have winter for a few more months! Ok? Ok.

When Cameron and I went for our walk Tuesday night, I noticed that there were swarms of giant gnats everywhere. That was odd to me, because I really haven't seen many bugs since I have lived here. My theory is that the bugs know that winter is coming to freeze their little tookuses off, so they are all having a last hurrah. I was thinking of trying to get a picture of these bugs (which I have since seen while driving down the street, walking into buildings, practically anytime I look outside) and sharing with you the enormous swarms of them. Then, I saw a picture in the paper yesterday beside an article about these bugs. You couldn't see them in their picture, so you probably couldn't see them when this amateur tried to capture them. You want to know what they really are? Ash aphids. Apparently they hatch and swarm around this time of year. I hadn't noticed. Just kidding.

I'm excited that it is Friday. I'm looking forward to the weekend. My plans: sleep, standing on my head, making Cameron stand on his head with me, and more sleep. Oh, and we'll probably eat at some point.

I hope you all have a splendid weekend! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...standing on ones head probably hurts. Just saying, and anyway, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone stand on their head. If you succeed, let me know because there's got to be a world record for that. ;)

    ReplyDelete