Saturday, October 30, 2010

Date Night

I told Cameron a few weeks ago that I was hoping that we could make up for some of the dates we never got to have in our long distance relationship. He has been working hard to come up with some special times for me.

Last night, he got home from work and sheepishly told me that he forgot to make reservations earlier so our reservations were for 7:15. I said that was fine (and promptly got up and ate a snack!). I had told him that I didn't want to know where we were going the day before, but then asked him last night anyway. I had seen on the Money Saving Queen's blog that Restaurant.com has $25 certificates for $2 right now using the code TREAT. There is a restaurant called Kynrede's Cafe on there that I have been wanting to try. We purchased the certificate, changed our reservation (Cameron was going to take me to Texas Roadhouse, which I love) and headed out.

The first stop on Cameron's date night list was the store every girl hopes her significant other will take her to. *DRUM ROLL* We stopped by Home Depot. Cameron said that actually wasn't in his plan, but his dad called him yesterday and said we are breaking ground today (!!!!!!!!!!!!) and so Cameron needed a gas can to put gas in to power his chain saw. I graciously rushed him through the store, wishing in the deepest part of my heart that we could linger longer. Ha.

Our reservations for Kynrede's were at 7:00, and we got there 10 minutes early. I just want to say that I am proud of us for getting somewhere EARLY. That was a notable occasion in our married life. The minute we walked in the door, I fell in love. It is a house that has been converted into a small restaurant. The atmosphere was very cozy. There were candles on the table, an unlit fireplace which having been lit would have made the place unbearably warm, soft music playing, and an overall intimate aura about the room. The food was excellent. We started out with Coconut Shrimp (and complimentary bread!) and I could have died a happy woman right then. Cameron ordered a Ribeye Steak (which I tasted and pronounced delicious) and I had Salmon with a yummy Garlic sauce. I brought most of it home. Cameron told me he had plans for dessert, and I didn't want to be so full that I couldn't eat anymore. Including tip, tax, and all of that food, we ended up paying around $40. It was so definitely worth it. As much as I love Texas Roadhouse, I would absolutely go back to Kynrede's before I would go there. And did I mention that kynrede is the old English spelling for kindred? *Insert warm fuzzy feeling here*

At the end of the meal, Cameron told me that Nordstrom Rack had opened this week over in Spokane Valley and he was wanting to take me there. Do I have the most thoughtful husband ever, or what? They close at 9:30 and it was 8:15, but it only takes about 30 minutes to get there. We stopped at Fred Meyer to get gas, and he dropped me at the front door so I could run in and use the bathroom. I have a great story about him having to come into Fred Meyer to find me, but I will share that another day.

We made it to Nordstrom Rack with plenty of time to browse (I saw several really cute things, but didn't spend any money!). We stopped at Krispy Kreme for dessert and got some yummy ice cream. Did YOU know that KK had ice cream? I didn't. They also had a dozen donuts for $5, so we picked some up for the guys to munch on out at the property today.

I just want to say that I'm so glad (first of all) that I told my husband what I was needing. He had no way of knowing that I was hoping that we could make up for lost dates after we were married. All it took was me telling him how special I would feel if he would plan some dates for us, and he jumped on it. Second of all, I have the best, most supportive husband ever. He's really sweet too.

I need to get around now. I'm supposed to help get lunch for the guys and need to find out when my m-i-l would like me to be there. I hope you have a great weekend! Pictures of our building progress to come soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww.... and YAY about breaking ground! Definitely want to see pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you gotta do is ask. Isn't it great to be married to a man who will do whatever he possibly can to make you happy and show love? *swoon* - Mine's taking the car in for service this morning because I didn't want to drive all the way over there. *double swoon!*

    ReplyDelete