Saturday, October 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

First of all, I am typing this on my awesome Kindle. Please excuse any weirdness about the posting. Why am I on my Kindle? I am in Oklahoma! I flew home for the weekend and tried to surprise my family. Most of them figured it out before I got here. Oh well.

Spending some time with strangers yesterday, I noticed some interesting things.

1. There are flight attendants who can make that boring safety speech interesting. "In case you haven't been in a car in the last 50 years, this is a seatbelt. And if you need anything, press the call button above your seat and Harry will answer. He is the junior flight attendant and frankly, he still cares."

2. When you are boarding a plane most people won't catch your eye. It's as if they think that if they don't look at you, then that empty seat beside them will stay that way. Sorry folks, but I'm still in the seat by the window. I'll just climb over you, thanks.

3. The Denver airport doesn't get more interesting the more time you spend there. There are lots of flights that come and go and that is just about it.

4. I can read a whole book in 6 hours.

5. Don't think that you can say a friendly word to a salesperson because you think he has got to be as bored as you are. He's not. He just wants to sell you a credit card. You are better off if you just don't make eye contact with him at all.
6. I'm terrible with small talk. That being said, the flight goes a lot faster if you are able to make conversation with the person beside you.

I was creating this blog post in my head as I fell asleep last night, and had something else witty that I was going to say. I don't remember what it was now. I remember thinking as I fell asleep, "I should write this down. No, I'll remember it in the morning." Fat chance.

I think I will let all of you go and enjoy the rest of your weekend with this parting note. If you ever want to look pregnant to make your mom get a shocked face, I can tell you how to do it. It's great fun. Unless you are male, and then I wouldn't suggest trying it.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! If you pulled off the "I might be pregnant" look, that's a great surprise!! :-)

    Have fun in OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I did. Mommy's face totally cracked me up when she noticed my "belly". :D I am having fun, thanks!

    ReplyDelete