Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fowl activities...

After going to bed around midnight last night, my husband got up shortly after 3:00 AM to go duck hunting with the male portion of his family. First of all, I think he's crazy. Second of all, I sincerely hope he doesn't drive at any point during this day. It was nice however, to be able to go back to bed after he left and sleep without any interruptions. He likes to set an alarm for 7:30 on Saturdays, and I haven't been able to break him of it. I HATE alarms at ungodly hours on Saturdays. I just want my sleep - is that too much to ask??


I was trying to think of a way that I could incorporate my job into my blog. This is what I have so far.


1. I have decided that the main difference between babysitting a small child and an elderly woman is that the elderly woman can entertain herself.


2. I have to follow her around the house at arms length every time she walks to try to keep her from falling. I pray a lot. I decided that is a lot like life. At all stages, we have people within arm's length to help us when we are falling. We just have to let them help.


3. I don't ever want to get old.


As you can see, I haven't been able to get terribly philosophical about it. Maybe one of these days when I am able to breathe while I am there, I will have more insight.


I hope your weekend is perfect and sunny!

2 comments:

  1. Breathe! Breathe! In! Out! Maybe we should get you some headphones.... Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out... Just like the blonde joke. Hmmmm.

    I like number two. And yeah, I remember following Nonnie around. She didn't want us to actually hold onto her at first, and it seemed harder to stay within reach than to just hold onto her. Maybe it will help that your arms are longer than mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Small children do require more interaction from their caregivers (from what I've seen - what do I know?!)

    2. This is very philosophical and I really like it. Knowing someone is there to help when we fall enables us to take risks that are often necessary to enrich us. Like moving to northern Idaho. :-) As a corollary, it reminds me that when we are going through life, we should pay attention to who - within our arm's reach - might need our help.

    3. Getting old isn't a choice. "Being" old might be. We can keep our minds and bodies fresh and flexible with writing, reading, learning, conversing, and physical activity. As long as you continue to write and deepen relationships with others, you'll never "get" old. ;-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete