Monday, October 18, 2010

Remember when?

Remember when it was considered cool to wear fanny packs? I don't. I think that was before my time.

I learned something new on Friday. It was cow elk season this weekend, and so Cameron intended to go hunting most of the day on Saturday. (That isn't the new thing I learned.) Friday night, he wanted to go shopping for a new fanny pack. I had no idea that the general population still used them, much less paid good money for them.


This fanny pack cost $44.99. I have never even paid that much for a stylish purse, much less a FANNY PACK. (Cameron didn't either. He found a cheap backpack that suited his needs.) Apparently, they are a staple for hunters.

Will wonders never cease?

2 comments:

  1. No longer do hunters "cross fire" in the woods on the hunt; rather, they "meet and greet" to show off Bass Pro bargains! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I confess I paid about half that (for a WAIST pack, thank you very much). It holds two water bottles and has space in the middle for snacks for all my fundraiser walks. A cute little pink bear ... I don't wear it out on the town, tho. :-)

    ReplyDelete