Thursday, October 28, 2010

See the work of the Lord

I was braiding my hair just now and a card Cameron has displayed on the dresser caught my eye. There is a tranquil mountain scene pictured on the front with the verse "...The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord." (Psalm 33:5) It made me stop and think about the beautiful world all around me.

While Cameron was home at lunch, a ladybug landed on his plate. He picked it up and carried it to the front window where he opened the blinds (and window) to let it out. The opened blinds immediately added another dimension to my otherwise dreary living room. The trees are turning colors with a vengeance and brightened my day.

Those trees demonstrate to me the goodness of the Lord. When God created this incredible planet, He made it both functional and beautiful. Trees serve the purpose of shade on warm summer afternoons. They provide oxygen, which is very necessary for us. Their lush green is the perfect backdrop for many fun-filled days. In the fall, as their leaves start to change colors, the brilliant golds, reds, and oranges provide a cheerful counterpart to the dull, cloudy fall weather. When I look at the infinite care put into each minute detail, I must acknowledge that there is a God. The love put into the world He created as my home helps me to know that He also loves me.

Have you experienced the goodness of the Lord today? Look around, and I'm sure you will see at least one good thing provided by His hand!

2 comments:

  1. I see the kindness and love of people in my life. People like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with M. The people that are my friends and family that care and take interest and part in my life!

    ReplyDelete