Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Political times of year

The lady I help usually keeps the tv running the entire time I am there. It is the time of year when commercials for and against politicians are frequently aired. It's annoying, and it makes me not want to vote for any of the politicians "advertised". I never understood the mud-slinging. If you have to make someone else look bad to make me vote for you, what are you hiding?

I did get a good laugh from them the other day, though. There were back to back commercials for a particular candidate. One was for her and the next was against her. She unfortunately put the "I'm ____, and I approve this message" right at the end of the commercial when the screen was blank. The next commercial promptly began, and it sounded like she was approving the fact that she wasn't worth voting for! Maybe if they were all that honest, we would have more success with the laws created.

I'm Linnie Sue, and I approve this message.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I have to say all the mud slinging makes me crazy too. I also think if you have to make someone else look bad for you to look good, then maybe you're not that wise a choice after all.

    I'm The M Half and I approve this message ;-)

    ReplyDelete