Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh, what a beautiful morning...

I just want to say, I love gray mornings. I would love it more if I could spend the day sleeping, but there is just something cozy about these types of days.

I had the BEST day yesterday. Cameron and I actually went to bed at a decent time the night before, and so we were able to wake up in time to eat breakfast together. Lately, I have just been fixing breakfast for him, sending him out the door, and then eating cereal. It was so nice to have time together.

I spent the morning getting stuff done (laundry, dishes, ironing, etc). I had an 11 o'clock fingerprinting appointment. That was interesting. I will share that with you another time.

It was such a gorgeous, sunshiny day that Cameron and I decided to meet at the park and have a picnic for lunch. We found a table in the sun, and it just happened to be near the lake. Pretty soon, we had a seagull (lakegull?) walking slowly around our table, squawking and pretending not to look at us. It obviously was hoping that we had some food for it. It had no idea how much I like food, or it never would have wasted it's time. After a while, it (and the friends that had joined it) moved away. One of the gulls flew over by the lake and started squawking. If I could speak gull, I'm pretty sure it said, "Guys, there are some people over here who aren't sharing their food. If you come harass them with me, I'll share the food they'll leave behind." There seriously was a whole flock that flew up from the lake and landed in the grass in front of us. It was nuts. We still refused to feed them. Pretty soon, a little boy came along who thought he was born to chase gulls. He was my new favorite child, and I don't even know him! Thank you, little boy. You helped make my picnic better.

When we finished eating, I asked Cameron to take a picture of us on his phone so that I could put one up when I blogged about our picnic. He ended up taking several. "It's too sunny. I'm squinting," he said. "Let's go stand under this tree," he exclaimed. "Now our faces are too dark because of the shade," I retorted. (Sorry, reverting back to the way they taught us to write conversations in elementary school.) Eventually, we got this picture. While we both look a little goofy, the lighting was ok. :D

Cameron needs a haircut. I don't cut his hair.

I spent the afternoon waiting on the mailman to arrive with my paycheck and finishing up laundry and just doing stuff around here. Then, Cameron and I had Chicken-Stuffed Manicotti for supper, (it was good, but the sauce all cooked down or evaporated or something), and went for a walk. I had a great time crunching leaves. I'm just a kid at heart.

All that to say, I'm loving life. The end.


4 comments:

  1. Is this the closest picture we get to your apt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misti took pics while she was here. She was supposed to be sharing those with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I offered, but thought I heard her say that since you weren't going to be there long, the purpose she requested them for was no longer valid and she'd just ask you. I'll email them to her. :-)

    ReplyDelete